On the 24th February 2022 as we were setting up our art fair and the artists were hanging their work war broke out in Ukraine.
We know that this had a profound effect on our artists and visitors to the fair.
In response to the outpouring of love and support for all those displaced from Ukraine since this date and to all refugees around the world who have found themselves in Bath this year we will be supporting the charity.
Bath Welcomes Refugees
Bath Welcomes Refugees is a volunteer-led charity which harnesses the power of local relationships and the goodwill of the Bath community to help refugees and asylum seekers feel welcome, access resources and find a new home and community. Working together with partners, including the local council, we help build refugees’ confidence by:
- Providing free English language classes across Bath and North East Somerset for every level
- hosting social and community events
- supporting with furnishing new houses and distributing donations
- advising on benefits applications and finding employment
- helping with finding school places and registering with the GP
- running a befriending scheme to create social connections within the community
Charity Prize Draw
In conjunction with the award winning Bath Art Fair , it’s organiser Alce Harfield alceharfield.com has donated a brand new original painting to raise much needed funds to support refugees in the Bath area. The prize draw will remain open to entries until 8th March 2024. First prize is the original 30×30” acrylic on canvas painting which is titled ‘A Safe Place to Land’(after the song by Sara Bareilles and John Legend) .
2nd prize is a first edition print of the painting.
The painting encompasses the feelings all festival goers feel when they soak up the spine tingling sights, sounds and smells of this little corner of Somerset.BUY TICKETS